Cooking a la plancha is an exciting, relatively new method of cooking in
Ireland and the UK which provides a fresh and unique way to prepare food. Its main features are:
- Plancha is to ‘barbecue like the Spaniards’, which involves cooking at a very high temperature around 280 or 300ºC (flash cooking).
- Dousing with oils, fruit and vegetable juices, alcohols, and
- Quick and easy cleaning that neutralizes all flavours whether from melting
ice cubes or poured from a glass with no scrubbing, scraping or soaking required. Read more...
- Plancha ismore than just eating
healthy – you’ll actually taste the difference!
- Ideal for cooking prawns, calamari, all kinds of fish, courgette slices, vegetable mixes and fruit, this style broils food from the outside while the juices
remain locked inside.
- Liquids don´t evaporate. Instead, they ‘hover’ on the heat wave. Aromas, spices and herbs transform directly from the solid phase to the gas phase (physical
term ‘sublimation’) impregnating the food with their unique taste.
- Remainingliquid components flow into the liquid tray or cup. Nothing boils, bubbles, ignites, or simmers, but rather
broils from the outside while the food juices are locked inside.
...for more information on plancha appliances please click here or contact us (either contact mask or email